Southern Point is now seeking experienced carpenters for immediate positions with one of the area's largest contractors. Commercial and industrial experience a plus. Must have proven ability to:
· Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
· Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding
· Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall, and other materials
· Construct building frameworks, including wall studs, floor joists, and doorframes
· Help put up, level, and install building framework with the aid of large pulleys and cranes
· Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
· Instruct and direct laborers and other construction trade helpers
Must have own basic tools for work daily, including speed square, chalk line, level, tool belt, tape measure, hammer and razor knife.
Must have steel toe boots and hard hat.
Must submit to criminal background check and drug test.