Location : Albany, GA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Southern Point is now seeking a Procurement Specialist for an Albany manufacturing company. Must have experience in supply chain management, purchasing, vendor relations management and inventory. Logistics, warehouse and production management experience preferred. Professional demeanor and appearance expected. Must have excellent work history, credentials and references to be considered for this position.
Required Qualifications :
- Formulates policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Finds alternative vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, to determine product availability and terms of sales and delivery.
- Interviews vendors and visits suppliers' plants and distribution centers as appropriate to examine and learn about products, services, and prices.
- Participates in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Monitors and follows applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitors and analyzes material margins, current and future market conditions, price trends, raw material drivers, technical developments and regulatory trends that impact competitiveness and/or affect availability and delivered cost of raw materials. Inform management at month-end.
- Use Sage X3 to manage, monitor and track inventory based on historical usage, forecasts, and incoming orders.
- Review purchase order requisitions for completeness and clarity. Obtain necessary missing information where required. Diplomatically instruct requisitioners or specifiers on what data is necessary to obtain good product.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders or other agreements as necessary and verify for accuracy and completeness before issuing.
- Review acknowledgements with purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies with the supplier to the best possible advantage for the organization.
- Compiles and reviews open purchase order reports daily, following up with vendors to obtain updates in order to meet manufacturing schedules.
- Work with suppliers daily negotiating pricing and availability for all items purchased to include raw materials, safety supplies, MRO, etc.
- Work with suppliers and client-approved carriers to obtain the best freight option.
- Responsible for monitoring, managing, and completing appropriate paperwork for purchasing department credit card.
- Collect, file, and monitor all ISO, liability and insurance forms for suppliers.
- Maintains shop inventory levels by doing bi-weekly inventory count.
- Establish contracts from initial negotiation (including pricing, terms and conditions, scope of work, etc.) through final agreement, with the approval of the appropriate management.
- Prepares and reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy, notifying suppliers of any raw material issues.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Interviews, hires, trains and develops staff; manages staff performance.
- Attends meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars to network with people in other purchasing departments.
- Implements cycle count function and materials planning within ERP.
- Forecasts raw material usage- providing raw material suppliers with adequate forecasts.
- Inputs all data into ERP system (contact information, chemical grade, chemical name and vendor information).
- Reviews all receipts of raw materials and all other plant related items, maintaining records of goods ordered and received.
- Informs warehouse of all receiving information.
- Assists with scheduling and production planning.
- Assists with ISO program.