Southern Point is now seeking welders for all shifts. Must be able to weld in all positions with a high degree of proficiency utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of common heat reactions of structural metals.
- Follows welding procedures.
- Welds on ground level, above ground and below ground, in any required position.
- Chips peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish.
- Welds structural materials such as plates, sheets, girders, tanks, etc., occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application and workmanship.
- Perform scarfing.
- Capable of passing welding test in accordance to AWS D1.1.
- Keeps work area clean.