Job Number: 3300
The Production Supervisor will oversee and manage production shift employees and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and quantity standards.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Expectations and Performance Measures
- Trains and manages production employees on the assigned shift.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Oversees production operations on assigned shift.
- Prepares work schedules to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintains knowledge of processes and equipment.
- Ensures that products are identified, weighed, and warehoused correctly.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise.
- Notifies maintenance department of equipment problems.
- Ensures that employees comply with applicable safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures paperwork is completed and signed correctly.
- Assist with production functions as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This individual should exemplify the company values of Integrity, Servant Leadership, Respect for People, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus.
Knowledge/Skills/Education and Continuous Training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Reporting Line and Supervisory Responsibilities
This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Strong process improvement skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- SAP experience is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibility of Shift Employees.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This person is expected to perform work in the manufacturing floor/environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This is a full-time position. This position occasionally requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.