Job Number: 3297
The Production manager will be responsible for the direct management of shift/department supervisors. This will require effective coordination with planning and scheduling of the area and personnel management and development.
As a leader, the Production Manager must possess and demonstrate a positive attitude and should lead by example. He/she must be willing to work alongside other members of the team to encourage and strengthen them in their role.
Individual and team development is the primary focus of this position. The advancement of production leads, to supervisor, and to manager, will be important to the team’s development.
Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in a production manufacturing or similar environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing/operations with previous management responsibilities required.
- Preferred - Degree Mechanical Engineering, Operations, Production Management, or Business Administration.
- Preferred - Experience in Lean or Six Sigma practices and philosophy.
- Strong leadership skills and passion to share your knowledge and coach your team.
- Strong knowledge of production processes in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills and the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
- Administrative skills to include planning, coordinating, team building, communication, organization and time management.
- Ability to develop leadership skills, including planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting; problem solving, decision making, and negotiating.
- Ability to define and analyze problems and develop timely and effective solutions, evaluating relevant facts to judge and form conclusions.
- Manufacturing/Mechanical knowledge/skills, a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) and reporting tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 including Excel, Word & Outlook and ability to learn and instruct others on software applications.
What working conditions or physical functions are normally required to perform the essential functions of the job?
- Ability to frequently lift 25 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk/ hear.
- Regular bending, stooping, stretching, twisting, and turning.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, air borne dust/debris, heavy equipment traffic, slip/trip hazards.
- Noise level requires hearing protection in all plant areas.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (hot, cold, etc.)
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.