Southern Point is now seeking Lead Mechanics for great opportunities with a well-established, growing company in Albany, Ga. This position requires an experienced mechanic to lead and participate in the repair, overhaul, and maintenance of company vehicles and heavy equipment. Other duties include coordinating the activities of mechanic helpers and ensuring shop standards have been met. Salary will be based on experience and level of certification, and benefits are available following a probationary period. Must have own tools. CDL license a plus. All qualified candidates must submit to criminal background and drug screening.
- Overhauls and repairs engines and transmissions on gas and diesel vehicles.
- Overhauls, repairs, and maintains heavy equipment as required, which may include excavators, bulldozers, backhoes and similar equipment.
- Performs diversified electrical work on all automotive and related equipment such as servicing, installing batteries and terminals, repairing and adjusting lights, repairing generators and starters.
- Uses diagnostic equipment as an aid in locating vehicle defects.
- Overhauls, repairs, and/or replaces other mechanical parts such as steering and brake systems.
- Replaces shock absorbers, checks and balances wheels, and checks for proper tire alignment
- Troubleshoots and repairs an array of mechanical issues.
- Operates shop machines, such as milling and metal lathes, to rebuild or fabricate machine parts.
- Road tests vehicles to locate operational defects prior to returning to active use.
- Requisitions parts, computes work orders, and prepares service records and reports as required.