Location : Albany, GA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Southern Point Staffing is currently seeking experienced Maintenance Technicians for one of the area's top manufacturers. These are temp-permanent positions, and starting pay ranges from $19-20/hr. Must have demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical controls/systems related to motors and motor controls, VFD’s, PLC’s, sensor and switch circuitry, and other types of equipment control circuits. Extensive working knowledge and understanding of three-phase 240/480/600 electricity and circuitry will be required. Must have strong ability to comprehend and explain complex industrial electronic controls, electrical schematics, ladder logic, electrical drawings and blue prints.
Required Qualifications :
- Ability to perform mechanical maintenance related to repairing heavy industrial equipment, replacing motors/drives and maintaining PM’s on all major equipment
- Familiar with operations and repairs related to hydraulic systems.
- Familiar with operations and repairs related to pneumatic systems.
- Metal fabrication and welding skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates and vendors.
- Must have good verbal, written and organizational skills; quick to learn and apply new concepts.
- Must be self-motivated and self -directed-able to work independently with a 'production first' attitude.
- Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stoop, squat, reach, crouch and kneel, stand for long periods of time, work in unprotected weather elements, wear hard-toed shoes and other required personal protective equipment
- Auto/Cad Experience is a plus.
- Forklift operation.