Southern Point is now seeking qualified Mechanic Helpers for great opportunities with a well-established and growing company in Albany, GA. Some mechanical experience and/or formal training required. We are looking for motivated, dependable skilled helpers to assist lead mechanics in the repair, overhaul, and maintenance of company vehicles and heavy equipment. The ideal candidate should demonstrate mechanical skills, troubleshooting abilities, teamwork, communication, and attention to details. Must be willing to train and have basic tools for the job. Great pay based on experience and benefits available following a probationary period. All qualified candidates must submit to criminal background and drug screening.
- Perform duties such as changing oil and tires, replacing hoses and belts, inspecting brakes, and helping to diagnose vehicle issues.
- Assist in the overhaul and repair of engines and transmissions on gas and diesel vehicles.
- Assist in the overhaul, repair, and maintenance of heavy equipment as required, which may include excavators, bulldozers, backhoes and similar equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures like cleaning, vacuuming equipment, changing filters and oiling parts.
- Perform minor structural repairs such as bracket replacement, rivet replacement, floor repair and replacement in accordance with shop standards
- Uses diagnostic equipment as an aid in locating vehicle defects.
- Requisition parts, compute work orders, and prepare service records and reports as required.